Delicious Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet Potato pie is a unique and tasty dessert. It would be great to serve for picky eaters who may not think they like sweet potatoes. This would be a good way to change their mind! This Sweet Potato Pie Recipe from...
Sweet Potato pie is a unique and tasty dessert. It would be great to serve for picky eaters who may not think they like sweet potatoes. This would be a good way to change their mind! This Sweet Potato Pie Recipe from allrecipes.com is the perfect one for novice bakers. Keep in mind that it can take at least 30 minutes to put the pie together. This does NOT include the cook time for the sweet potatoes! The first time you bake this pie, it might take even longer. Practice makes perfect though!
Sweet Potato Pie
Recipe from allrecipes.com.
This recipe will make a single 9 inch pie. If you wish to make more be sure to carefully adjust the increments.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch pie crust (unbaked)
- Boil the sweet potato (with the skin on it) in a stock pot for 40-50 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Rinse in cold water and peel the skin off.
- Break apart the sweet potato in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in all of the ingredients.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust in a pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center.
Tips and Tricks:
- When you first finish baking it, the pie will puff up like a souffle. It will settle once it is cooled. This is perfectly normal.
- Make your own pie crust. Maybe you want to make a gluten-free or low-fat version. Sometimes homemade is better. Although using a pre-made one is quicker.
- Consider adding 2 teaspoons of lemon juice for added flavor.
- Also, try halving the white sugar and putting the other half in as brown sugar.
- You could also experiment with using evaporated milk instead of normal milk.
- If you are having problems with the pie being too liquidy, try adding in a teaspoon of flour.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream, or both.
Enjoy this delicious sweet potato pie. If you've always wanted to try making a dish with sweet potato, but never knew what to make, this is your chance. There are also many more great sweet potato recipes out there, you'll be surprised! Contact us for more great ideas for using sweet potatoes in your cooking.